Sorry, nothing in cart.
Source: Delightful Plate
Vietnamese Square Sticky Rice Cake (Banh Chung or Chung cake) is a must-have in the Lunar New Year celebration of Vietnam. Despite being made from simple ingredients, this traditional cake tastes wonderful and has beautiful cultural meaning.
- 3 cups long-grain sticky rice (about 1 lb or 450grams)
- 9 oz split mung bean (about 250 grams)
- 1 lb pork belly (450grams)
- 5 1/4 teaspoons salt (divided)
- 2 teaspoons freshly-cracked black pepper (or more)
- 1 lb frozen banana leaves (450grams)
Step 1: Prepping work the night before
– Soak the sticky rice in a lot of water.